Crown mouldings can be the final architectural feature on many properties. Mouldings can provide attractive accents, frame other elements, and pull together an entire architectural design. Crown mouldings fit with a variety of styles depending on the motifs and shapes.
Foam crown mouldings have all of the same beauty of traditional crown moulding, but a range of benefits in cost, ease of installation, and maintenance. Using a proprietary EPS material as the core, our team at Patterson Whittaker Profiles creates durable and affordable crown moulding.
PW Profiles supplies EPS crown mouldings for projects in Canada and the US. In all locations and for a variety of property types, foam crown moulding is the leading alternative to precast and GFRC, offering many benefits for your architectural project. To get started with more information about foam crown mouldings and receive a quote, contact us at 206.953.5209 in the US or 604.285.6550 in Canada.
Advantages of EPS Foam for Crown Mouldings
Foam crown mouldings have a lightweight yet durable core of EPS. At Patterson Whittaker, we then apply a coating of cement that creates a highly durable, waterproof, easy to install architectural product. This foam will last for many years and withstand the elements. After carving the foam into the desired shape using state of the art equipment, we coat the exterior in a layer of concrete. This provides additional protection and a foundation for highly customized finishing.
This combination has several advantages at residential and commercial properties looking for a cost effective and high end solution for crown moulding:
- Extremely Lightweight – EPS weighs very little. This makes it easy and low cost to ship, handle, and install.
- Highly Durable – Foam crown moulding is waterproof, flame resistant, seismic resistant, and will last for many years.
- Fast Lead Times – Our team at PW Profiles can transform crown mouldings from the initial concept to the finished product fast to keep your build on schedule.
- Customizable – We can create foam crown moulding in a range of different sizes, shapes, and styles to create the ideal decorative product for your property.
The benefits of foam core crown moulding are making this product increasingly popular. Properties throughout the US and Canada, both new constructions and renovations, are relying on foam crown moulding.
Installation Process for Foam Crown Mouldings
Another benefit of foam crown mouldings is that they are incredibly easy to install. With the majority of each section of crown moulding comprising EPS, each piece will weigh little for its size. There is minimal to no need for heavy equipment or intensive manpower. Instead, the installation process requires:
- Preparing the Surface – You will need to be sure that both the substrate and the crown moulding are clean, dry, and in good condition.
- Apply Adhesive – Add a layer of adhesive to the back of the crown moulding and the substrate.
- Attach the Crown Moulding – Apply pressure along the length of the crown moulding and slide it gently back and forth laterally to be sure it adheres.
- Wait for Adhesive to Cure – Use fasteners to keep moulding in place while the adhesive is curing.
- Finish Crown Moulding – The final steps are to sand all joints to a smooth texture and finish it as desired.
Because foam crown moulding is installed on the exterior surface of a substrate with adhesive, there are no nails to puncture the building’s exterior. This eliminates the risk of leaks and other moisture issues. This can be extremely beneficial for buildings in Canada and the US, especially those in damper areas or where snowfall is common.
Get More Information – Call PW Profiles Today
With all of the benefits and low cost of foam crown moulding, this remains a high quality product with a finished appearance to rival all other architectural materials. Based in British Columbia, we deliver custom crown mouldings, as well as other foam products, to construction sites in the US and all of the Canadian provinces.
If you have questions about our foam crown moulding or other products in our range of EPS architectural elements, we are happy to provide more information, specs, and a quote for custom crown mouldings. Reach out to our team to begin.